Fall Celebration at the Citadelle of Québec
September 29, 2015
It’s Time for the Fall Celebration
at the Citadelle of Québec!
OTTAWA—Their Excellencies the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General and Commander-in-Chief of Canada, and Mrs. Sharon Johnston invite the public to join them at the Citadelle of Québec for the Fall Celebration, Saturday, October 3, 2015, from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
The fourth edition of this public event will take place while Their Excellencies are visiting the Residence of the Governor General at the Citadelle of Québec from October 3 to 6. During this stay, the Governor General will also be honouring over 100 Canadians who have distinguished themselves by their exceptional achievements, bravery or dedication. Details on the presentation ceremonies and recipients will be announced separately.
The Fall Celebration will allow young and old alike to discover the official residence and learn more about various aspects of military life. The event will take place rain or shine. The entire family can enjoy activities free of charge:
- At 12:15 p.m., begin your visit by witnessing the Governor General review the guard of honour.
- Meet members of the Canadian Armed Forces as you visit a variety of outdoor kiosks, including a field kitchen that will be serving hot food.
- See a static helicopter and a variety of military vehicles and meet Batisse, the regimental goat of the Royal 22e Régiment (R22eR).
- Try on the renowned red tunic and bearskin hat of the R22eR, snap a photo, and visit the Musée Royal 22e Régiment to learn about the Regiment’s 100-year history.
- Explore the official residence of the governor general and discover the history, architecture and art collections of this unique place affording magnificent views of the St. Lawrence River.
- Sample bread-and-butter garden squash prepared by the chefs of the residence, as well as apple cider, and learn some of the finer points of dining etiquette and the art of table setting.
- Learn more about the Canadian Honours System and the Canadians who have been recognized for their outstanding achievements. The Canadian Heraldic Authority will also be on hand to feature a number of coats of arms and other colourful emblems.
- Children can enjoy face painting and show off the colours of fall.
What: Fall Celebration at the Citadelle
Where: Residence of the Governor General at the Citadelle of Québec
(1 Côte de la Citadelle, near the St. Louis Gate)
When: Saturday, October 3, 2015, from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Visitors are encouraged to use public transportation, as parking at the Citadelle is limited and available only on a first-come, first-served basis.
This event is presented in collaboration with the Canadian Armed Forces and the Musée Royal 22e Régiment. For more information, write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 418-648-4322 or 1‑866‑936‑4422 (toll free).
Rideau Hall Press Office
Follow GGDavidJohnston and RideauHall on Facebook and Twitter.