Sunday, October 2, 2016, from 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Their Excellencies the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, and Mrs. Sharon Johnston welcome you to the Citadelle of Québec for the Fall Celebration.
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Journées de la culture, activities for the whole family await!
- Take part in a djembe workshop and feel the rhythm of this African instrument.
- Enjoy a concert by the renowned Musique du Royal 22e Régiment wind quintet.
- Let yourself be enchanted by the music of the Jeunes musiciens du monde.
- Have fun with young acrobats and jugglers from the École de cirque de Québec.
- Watch some of Quebec’s visual artists as they interpret the views from the Citadelle.
- Visit the Residence of the Governor General at your own pace and discover its history, architecture and collections.
- Sample culinary delights prepared by the Governor General’s chefs and learn some of the finer points of table setting.
- Learn more about Canadian honours and some of the recipients who have been recognized for their outstanding achievements in the arts and music.
- Meet representatives from the Canadian Heraldic Authority, who will be featuring a number of coats of arms and emblems, and watch a calligraphy demonstration.
- Immerse yourself in the history of the Citadelle of Québec, home of the Royal 22e Régiment, by visiting the officers’ mess and the Musée Royal 22e Régiment.
Come join us!
Visitors are encouraged to use public transportation, as parking is limited and available on a first‑come, first-served basis only.
For more information, write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 418-648-4322 or 1-866-936-4422 (toll free).
All of the activities are free of charge and presented in collaboration with the Musée Royal 22e Régiment and the Canadian Armed Forces.